The 5 CFS Benchmarks
The strength of the Compact for Success Program lies in rigorous college prep courses (A-G curriculum) available to all students. After completing all Compact benchmarks, students have the opportunity of guaranteed admission to SDSU, earning the status of Compact Scholars.
Upon graduation from high school, students must have completed the following:
- Continuous enrollment in Sweetwater Union High School Disctrict schools from 7th to 12th grade (as of October 2011).
- Attain a CSU GPA of 3.0 or higher by time of application and maintain this GPA through senior year
- Completed all CSU A–G course requirements with a grade of C or higher:
- A – 2 years of US History, Government/World History
- B – 4 years of English (ELD 7-8 may apply)
- C – 3 years, (4 recommended) – Algebra, Formal Geometry, Intermediate Algebra, Math Analysis, Calculus
- D – 2 years, (3 recommended) – Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- E – 2 years, (3 recommended) – Foreign Language (same language)
- F – 1 year of Visual and Performing Arts
- G – 1 year College Prep Elective or additional year of any of the above (e.g., 4th year of math)
- Satisfy the ELM (Entry Level Math Placement Test) and the EPT (Entry Level English Placement Test)
- Take SAT or ACT exams
||One year of Fine Arts can be taken in any grade. Both semesters must be in the same subject, for example: drama, art, music, etc.
|| One year of an extra a-g course can fulfill the elective requirement.
*Course sequence may be started in middle school
**Science courses may be designated to begin in the 9th grade