Skip To Content

School of Teacher Education

School of Teacher Education

Liberal Studies
SDSU Liberal Studies

Get a Passport

On this page: Learn about how to obtain a passport and visa for your International Experience.

Apply for or Renew your Passport

All students must hold a valid passport and, in most cases, must also possess a current visa in order to travel abroad. Make sure your passport is valid, or apply for one as soon as possible!

SDSU Passport Office

Passports are available through the SDSU Passport Office. Walk-ins only, no appointment necessary.

The SDSU Passport Office is one of 4 buildings in the International Student Center complex. It is in the annex located directly next to Canyon Crest Drive.  The Passport Office is located on the west side of SDSU campus, north of Peterson Gym, on the corner of 55th Street and Canyon Crest Drive.

  • SDSU map location: SDSU Passport Office
  • Searchable Google Address: 1261 Canyon Crest Dr.
  • Parking: The nearest parking lot is PK12, located down the hill from the office.

No appointment needed, but arrive early: Due to the high volume of customers and mailing deadlines, the SDSU Passport Office cannot guarantee the acceptance of all walk-in applicants, and they may have to unexpectedly lock doors earlier than 3 pm on any given day of the week. Arrive no later than 2 pm to allow enough time to process your application(s).

Visit the International Student Center website for information about what to bring to with you, passport fees, and more.

For more information

Visit the U.S. Department of State website to learn more about passports and visas.

Will I need a visa?

Depending on your travel plans, you may require a visa in addition to a passport. Learn more about visas.
passport image
School of Teacher Education

Front Desk (EBA 255) | 619-594-6131