Students living on-campus continue to academically out-perform their peers living off-campus :
• Residential students averaged a 2.81 GPA while off campus students averaged a 2.38. Residential students living in one of the many “learning communities” averaged a 2.89.
• 30% of students living off-campus were placed on academic probation compared with 14% of residential students.
• Of those off-campus students placed on academic probation, 50% are disqualified as SDSU students by the end of the spring semester; 27% remain on academic probation, and 24% are removed from academic probation.
• Residential students living in “learning communities” at SDSU are twice as likely to graduate in four years than their non-learning community residential peers.
• Residential students who live on for two (2) years have a continuation rate to junior year of 90%; those who live on for one (1) year have a continuation rate of 70%. Students who live off campus have a continuation rate of 58%.