Content Skip to content.
San Diego State University

Housing Administration and Residential Education

Room and Hall Switch Request

Room and Hall Switch Request

Residents may request a room or hall change by printing and completing the Room/Hall Request Form. Completed request forms need to be turned in to the Office of Housing Administration during office hours (i.e., Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). Emailed or faxed copies will not be accepted.

Requests received during the week will be processed the following Monday. If an accommodation is available based on your request, you will receive an e-mail offer on Monday and will have 24 hours to reply to the e-mail. If we are unable to accommodate your request, you will be notified by e-mail and placed on our wait list. E-mail notification will be sent to the e-mail address seen on your room/hall switch request form.  

Please note there is a $30 room switch fee that will be applied for any request that is accommodated.

Room and hall switches will not be permitted during finals for the fall and spring semester.

Contact Information

Telephone: (619) 594-5742
Fax: (619) 594-6202


Office Location:
6050 Montezuma Road (see the campus map)

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Mailing Address:
Office of Housing Administration &
Residential Education Office 
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-1802