Transfer Student Housing
Living On Campus
As a transfer student, you are in a unique position at SDSU and can benefit from living in a residential community of students your own age and with similar experiences. To help transition into the SDSU community, transfer students may choose to live in a transfer community at our apartments.
The benefits of living on campus as a Transfer Student
• Make friends and build community.
• It's convenient. You don't even need a car. Walk to class, sleep more and drive less.
• Protect your credit from roommates who don't pay their bills on time. You are only responsible for your own space and rent.
• Live with other transfer students your age (i.e., without freshmen students).
• Opportunity to have your own room.
• Easy access to SDSU resources: Aztec Center (ARC), STAR Centers, tutoring and Aztec Nights.
• Campus apartments have full kitchens so you can cook in your apartment. Not into cooking? There are a variety of meal plans to fit your needs.
• There is a greater focus on academics. Those who live on campus have a 10 - 15 percent better chance of doing well in college. They are more likely to have a higher GPA, take more units and are more likely to graduate on time with the degree of their choice than students who do not live on campus.
• Living on campus is proven to keep students on track to graduate with higher retention rates and grade point averages.