Presidential Scholars Diversity Initiative
Each year San Diego State University Awards scholarships to students with exemplary academic performance, extracurricular activities, and financial need. These prestigious scholarships are awarded students from the San Diego service area high schools or one of our selected Los Angeles Area high schools.
As just one of many initiatives that demonstrate the university’s commitment to diversity and social justice, The Presidential Scholars program was created to help students pay for basic tuition and fees, housing, books, and living expenses while attending SDSU. Scholarship recipients are comprised of students from all disciplines who are committed to achieving excellence. They reflect the rich diversity of San Diego State University and represent a cross-section of future leaders in our region and across the country.
These benefits include:
• Special opportunities to attend events and meetings with the SDSU president
• Personal advisers who will help them succeed in college
• Guaranteed admission to the University Honors Program
• Guaranteed on-campus housing
• New Student Orientation fee discount
• Study abroad placement assistance
Presidential Scholars also participate in special programs that include:
• University Seminar course with fellow Presidential Scholars designed to help them successfully transition into the SDSU campus community
• Peer Mentoring Program with current Presidential Scholars
• Internships in their field of interest
• Networking events with other SDSU students, faculty, staff, and community leaders