Members of The President's Leadship Fund invest in SDSU faculty, staff, and students to inspire innovation, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
The President's Leadership Fund Excellence Awards recognize the extraordinary work and dedication of our faculty and staff members on behalf of the university. Prospective honorees must be nominated by a supervisor or colleague and exemplify one or more of the priorities outlined in the strategic vision for SDSU, which include:
- Encourage student success and academic excellence;
- Contribute to the general welfare and operation of our campus;
- Create or contribute to academic programs of distinction;
- Conduct or assist with ground-breaking research or creative endeavors;
- Support and engage our community; and
- Inspire innovation or entrepreneurship initiatives
The Excellence Awards committee, comprised of PLF donors, selected three faculty and three staff members to receive a 2016 PLF Excellence Award. Each honoree will receive a $2,500 grant to be used toward their work at SDSU. Award recipients were recognized at a luncheon on June 29, attended by President Hirshman and PLF donors.
Congratulations 2016 PLF Excellence Awards Recipients!
Jessica Barlow, Director of The Sage Project
Stephanie Brodine, Professor, Head of the Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
James Frazee, Director, Instructional Technology Services
Brittnie Bloom, Program Manager, Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) Program
Amanda Etter, Academic Adviser, Wounded Warrior Battalion West
Kathy McCarty-Baker, Instructor, SDSU Adaptive Fitness