His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama arrives at SDSU Thursday, April 19.
The long-awaited visit from His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama takes place Thursday, April 19.
The Dalai Lama’s symposium, “Upholding Universal Ethics and Compassion in Challenging Times,” is the third and final stop in San Diego.
Doors to Viejas Arena will open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 9:00 a.m. The presentation will begin at 9:30 a.m.
The special events parking management plan will be implemented for this event, allowing parking for students, faculty and staff in all parking structures with the exception of no student parking in Parking Structure 4.
Classes will be in session during the symposium, so parking will be limited. Learn more about parking and transportation options.
If you do not have tickets to the event, there will be a live stream on www.sdsu.edu.
- Backpacks or duffle bags or big bags of any size
- Laptops, net books or computers of any kind
- Any items that can be perceived as a weapon
- Strollers or skateboards
- Recording devices of any kind, audio or video
- Signs, banners, flags or flag poles
- Noise makers
- Professional cameras/cameras with detachable or long lenses
- Glass or metal containers
- Weapons of any kind
- Aerosol spray cans
- Beach balls
- Laser pointers
- Wrenches / pliers
- Pets (except service animals)
- Chairs of any kind (including seat backs)
- Food or alcohol
The following items are allowed:
- Small purses, but they will be searched
- Cell phones are permitted but must be turned completely off during the program
- Notebook / pen(s)
- Rain ponchos
- Personal cameras, no flash photography
Please be advised any prohibited items may be confiscate by the box office.
Learn more about His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama’s visit to SDSU.