Associated Students will provide bikes for students to rent starting in fall 2012.
Associated Students will offer a new “Aztec Bike” rental program through the Aztec Recreation Center.
Beginning in fall 2012, the program will allow SDSU students, faculty, and staff to rent one of 10 beach cruiser-style bikes for a one month period.
The program is also designed to:
- Develop an affordable form of transportation for those without a car
- Improve health and well-being of users in a convenient-to-use format
- Reduce parking congestion and decrease pollution
- Encourage safer bike riding by distributing safe bike riding tips
- Assist the ARC in gaining LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification for increasing access to more environmentally sustainable forms of transportation.
To participate in the program:
- Checkout: Visit the ARC on the first of the month to complete an application. There will be a limited number of 3-speed and unisex versions, and some bikes will be available with front baskets.
- Pay: The cost of renting a bike through this program will be $30/month for active ARC members and $35/month for non-members. You’ll also need a SDSU Red ID card with a picture, a valid driver’s license and a valid credit card (to be used as a deposit if the bike is not returned, lost or stolen) at time of checkout.
- Ride: Please keep bicycles on designated SDSU bike paths and use bike racks to lock bikes when they are not in use.
- Secure: A u-lock and a key are provided at check-out with every bike.
- Return: The rental bike should be returned to the ARC by the 28th of the month.
For more information, contact ARC Member Services.
The Aztec Bike Rental Program is made possible by SDSU’s Green Love Board and Aztec Recreation.