More parking for electric vehicles, campus construction among important changes on campus.
SDSU Parking Services will implement the SDSU Traffic Management Plan for Fall 2012 with staffing from multiple agencies to assist faculty, staff and students with traffic flow, directions and parking.
Traffic controllers will be directing the flow of traffic from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Thursday or as needed. Electronic signs will provide information about lots or structures that are full.
There is an adequate supply of parking spaces for faculty and staff, but traffic congestion during the first few days of classes likely will make it difficult to reach campus in a timely manner unless you arrive before or after peak hours which are 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Construction and parking changes
Please be aware of the construction and parking changes:
Aztec Student Union - anticipated completion of Fall 2013. During the Aztec Student Union construction period, please be alert to the following:
- Closure of the Aztec Circle Drive entrance off College Avenue. To access Aztec Circle Drive, use Canyon Crest Drive (at College Avenue across from Alvarado Road) or Remington Road via 55th Street on the west side of campus.
- Visit http://www.aztecstudentunion.com for information about this exciting project and construction updates.
Storm/Nasitir Hall renovation - The much needed renovation on the two 1957 buildings began on June 1 and the project is expected to be completed by January 2015. During the Storm/Nasitir Hall construction period, please be alert to the following:
- Closure of W lot. There is still one pay permit station operational directly adjacent to Parking Structure 4 on the north east corner.
- Visit http://sdsublog.wordpress.com for information about this exciting project and construction updates.
O and P Lots - These lots are now closed to parking in order to accommodate the relocation of classrooms for the Storm/Nasitir Hall renovation.
Q lot - Q lot is a visitor only lot and has been expanded over the summer to accommodate those spaces lost in O lot.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Parking - We have installed Blink Level 2 EV chargers on campus in partnership with ECOtality. If you are interested in using these spaces you may become a member by visiting: http://www.blinknetwork.com/membership.html. A SDSU F/S permit is still required when utilizing these spaces. They are located at the following locations:
- PS 4 level 1
- PS 5 level 1
- PS 8 level 1
- E lot - Child Care Center & between PS 3 & 6.
To see an updated SDSU map with all parking lot and structure locations and designations, as well as construction areas, go to: https://sunspot.sdsu.edu/map/sdsu_map.pdf.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Parking Services at (619) 594-6671.