On Oct. 6, new programs will be added to the KPBS weekend line-up.
Starting Saturday, Oct. 6, five new programs have been added to the KPBS weekend line up, including Animal House, featuring Gary Weitzman, the new president of the San Diego Humane Society.
New weekend programs debuting on KPBS 89.5 FM
- "Animal House" - explores the latest in animal science, pet behavior, and wildlife conservation (Saturdays at 5 a.m. and Sundays at 7 p.m.)
- "Day 6" - a fresh look on the week’s news from the CBC (Saturdays at 1 p.m.)
- "Ask Me Another" –NPR's new program featuring puzzles, word games and more (Saturdays at 8 p.m.)
- "TED Radio Hour" – explores ideas and inventions based on riveting TEDTalks from the world's most remarkable minds (Sundays at 4 p.m.)
- "Says You" – a game of wordplay, riddles, anagrams, and more (Sundays at 6 p.m.)
“These changes answer a growing need for quality news and information as well as adding new voices to our lineup,” said KPBS Program Director John Decker. “More and more San Diegans are turning to KPBS for balance, perspective, integrity and entertainment. We’re dedicated to making sure our programming is relevant and reflects these values.”
In addition to the new programs, some of the existing shows will have new timeslots. The popular "A Prairie Home Companion" will air at 6 p.m. on Saturdays, and the show will continue to repeat at 11 a.m. on Sundays.
New times for current shows
- "This American Life" – Fridays at 11 p.m. and Sundays at 12 p.m.
- "Radio Lab" – Fridays at 10 p.m. and Saturdays at 12 p.m.
- "Weekend All Things Considered" – Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m.
- "Marketplace Money" – Saturdays at 3 p.m.
- "A Way with Words" – Saturdays at 4 p.m.
- "Splendid Table" – Saturdays at 5 p.m.
- "Car Talk" – remains Saturdays at 10 a.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m.
- "Travel with Rick Steves" – Sundays at 8 p.m.
- "BBC"– weeknights at midnight; Saturdays at 9 p.m.; Sundays at 11 p.m.
Get the complete schedule.