Thursday, October 25, 2012
Food Drive Final Stretch
The last day to donate food and money to the Aztecs Rock Hunger food drive is Sunday, Oct. 28.
The campaign aims to collect 100,000 pounds of food.
The last day to donate to the Aztecs Rock Hunger Food Drive is Sunday, Oct. 28.
Donated food and money will help feed families in need in San Diego.
There are several ways to participate, including:
- Donate non-perishable food in any of the numerous red bins across campus
- Make a financial contribution at Aztec Markets or any Dining Services location
- Give food or money at Saturday's home football game against the University of Las Vegas
- Bring donations to the Associated Students of SDSU booth at the BOO! Parade on Oct. 27
- Make a donation to the SDSU Virtual Pantry, where every dollar provides three meals for San Diegans in need
One in five children lives in a food insecure household, or families that have difficulty providing enough food for all their members because of a lack of resources. In an average elementary school classroom in San Diego, almost six children could be food insecure.
Of San Diego’s 3.1 million residents, more than 446,000 live in poverty and nearly a third of those are children.
Learn more about the Aztecs Rock Hunger Food Drive.
This year’s Aztecs Rock Hunger food drive collected a
The on-campus amphitheater will be renamed Cal Coast Credit
The 206,000 square-foot “campus living room” will open in
Oggi's Pizza Express is the first of its kind for the
This year’s Aztecs Rock Hunger food drive seeks to collect
The SDSU Surf Team was first overall in the National
Design submissions incorporating the 2013 Homecoming theme,
Students selected items for inclusion in the time capsule to be
The 2013 Homecoming theme survey will be open until 4 p.m. on
An SDSU alumnus and a student were also recognized for their
The Associated Students-managed facility received the highest
The May 1 meeting also implemented the new governing structure
blog comments powered by
Latest NewsCenter Stories