Friday, January 31, 2014
MW Announces All-Academic Aztecs
Thirty-five Aztecs were named to the fall 2013 team.
Seven women's volleyball student-athletes were named to the team.
Thirty-five Aztecs were named to the fall 2013 Academic All-Mountain West team, the league announced.
To be eligible for selection, student-athletes must have completed at least one academic term at SDSU while maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better and be a starter or significant contributor to their team.
In all, 14 football players were named to the squad, including senior captain Bryce Quigley, senior fullback Chad Young and junior quarterback Quinn Kaehler.
Eight women's soccer players from the 2013 Mountain West championship squad were recognized as well, along with seven women's volleyball student-athletes and six women's cross country runners.
Women's Cross Country
- Jessica Cygan, junior, social science
- Cali King, Freshman, kinesiology
- Chelsea Kruthers, sophomore, child development
- Rachel Roesgen, sophomore, kinesiology
- Laura Vazquez, sophomore, computer science
- Melissa Wendorf, junior, child development
- Joel Alesi, junior, kinesiology
- Jake Bernards, senior, exercise physiology
- Dylan Denso, senior, management
- R. Quinn Kaehler, junior, finance
- Derek Largent, junior, management
- Jeff Overbaugh, sophomore, psychology
- Terry Poole, junior, criminal justice
- Brandon Porter, freshman, social work
- Bryce Quigley, senior, civil engineering
- Adam Roberts, junior, public administration
- Pierre Romain, sophomore, criminal justice
- Leland Sedberry, sophomore, finance
- Timothy Vizzi, senior, communication
- Chad Young, senior, homeland security
- Ashley Hauke, sophomore, speech, language and hearing sciences
- Hannah Keane, junior, health communication
- Haley Locker, junior, health communication
- Evelyn Millynn, freshman, management
- Katie Perry, junior, psychology
- Julia Platter, freshman, biology
- Jennifer Rupey, freshman, kinesiology
- Kory Spotts, senior, journalism
- Emily Harris, senior, television, film and new media
- Baylee Little, freshman, undeclared
- Chloe Mathis, junior, communication
- Summer Nash, senior, recreation administration
- Christie Ring, junior, management
- Courtney Vaccarello, senior, criminal justice
- Michelle Waber, junior, social science
Abdenour has worked with SDSU's athletic department for four
The conference honored 58 SDSU student-athletes.
Two stand out in a crowded field of scholar-athletes.
The annual KGB SkyShow and Homecoming Game is set for Nov. 8
Thomas also won the triple jump at the 2014 indoor meet and 2013
All American Pitcher Michael Cederoth was the first of six SDSU
Steven Beitashour was a four-year starter at SDSU before being
Brown was one of four athletes to not miss an attempt.
Michael Cederoth is the 13th Aztec in the history of the program
The Aztecs will face Mississippi State in their opening contest
The team won the title for the second straight year.
All 19 of SDSU's athletic programs exceeded NCAA Academic
blog comments powered by
Latest NewsCenter Stories
Campbell is the program director for SDSU's master’s program in
The Alumni Association’s goal is to expand its reach to 10,000
Marina Inserra, '13, was crowned Miss California in June.
Brandon Ishikata is an SDSU ambassador and senior resident
At three campuses in Tbilisi, Georgian students will earn SDSU
Vesta C. Muehleisen founded the San Diego State College Alumni
Mattingly has taught in SDSU's Department of Women's Studies
Sarah Lynch joined the Aztec Mentor Program and helped a student
The annual ceremony will take place on July 17 from 11:30 a.m.
Elsa Romero, ’97, is the new Alumni Association president.
Learning to lead is part of the curriculum at SDSU.
For Aztecs, success is defined by a wealth of different
The Honorable J. Clifford Wallace, '52, has worked to strengthen
Two SDSU researchers were identified as some of the “World’s
A gift from Steven Black, '77, will help grow the real estate