The last day to donate to the Aztecs Rock Hunger Food Drive is Sunday, Oct. 28.
Donated food and money will help feed families in need in San Diego.
There are several ways to participate, including:
- Donate non-perishable food in any of the numerous red bins across campus
- Make a financial contribution at Aztec Markets or any Dining Services location
- Give food or money at Saturday's home football game against the University of Las Vegas
- Bring donations to the Associated Students of SDSU booth at the BOO! Parade on Oct. 27
- Make a donation to the SDSU Virtual Pantry, where every dollar provides three meals for San Diegans in need
One in five children lives in a food insecure household, or families that have difficulty providing enough food for all their members because of a lack of resources. In an average elementary school classroom in San Diego, almost six children could be food insecure.
Of San Diego’s 3.1 million residents, more than 446,000 live in poverty and nearly a third of those are children.
Learn more about the Aztecs Rock Hunger Food Drive.