Students who have studied abroad are invited to attend the fifth annual “Lessons from Abroad” conference Saturday, Feb. 9 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the SDSU Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center.
At this conference, students will reflect upon their experiences, network with students and professionals and consider further opportunities at home and abroad.
- Meeting other recent study abroad returnees from all over Southern California
- Hearing from dynamic and motivating keynote speakers
- Learning how to talk about your newly acquired global skills in a job interview
Online registration costs $15. The conference fee covers the cost of lunch, conference materials, and parking. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or visit the Lessons from Abroad website.
Co-chairs of the event are:
- Adrienne Richart, assistant program director, SDSU’s College of Extended Studies
- Chris Kjonaas, associate regional consultant-west, CEA Global Education
- Staff from SDSU, University of California San Diego, the University of San Diego, Point Loma Nazarene University
- Independent study abroad program providers
Event sponsors include:
- CEA Global Education
- SDSU Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
- SDSU College of Business Administration
- SDSU College of Extended Studies
- SDSU College of Health and Human Services
- SDSU Division of Undergraduate Studies
- SDSU International Student Center
- SDSU Office of International Programs
- SDSU Office of the President
- UCSD International Center
About the College of Extended Studies
The SDSU College of Extended Studies study abroad program offers SDSU resident credit and is open to students and the general public. For more information, visit www.neverstoplearning.net/travel.
SDSU’s College of Extended Studies reaches out to the greater San Diego community, the nation, and the world with a wide variety of lifelong learning classes, seminars, and certificate programs.
Career advancement courses are offered in many areas of management, leadership, and quality improvement, while self-enrichment courses range from accounting to web design. Additionally, the College offers more than 50 certificate programs, online courses, and many other learning opportunities. For more information or to register, call (619) 265-7378 (SDSU) or visit the Extended Studies website.