SDSU’s Lavin Entrepreneurship Center held its inaugural LeanModel student business competition from March 14 – 15, 2013 on the San Diego State University campus.
The LeanModel Competition is open to California and Baja California based university students who are building start-up companies. The competition allows the students to showcase their ideas to a distinguished panel of entrepreneurs, angel investors, venture capitalists, and c-level executives.
The experience provides students the opportunity to interact with like-minded students, ultimately creating a network of young, innovative California and Baja California entrepreneurs.
This year, 15 student teams from eight universities competed for $25,000 in prizes. The winners for 2013 were:
Overall LeanModel Competition Awards
- 1st place – Bosse Tools, Loyola Marymount University
- 2nd place – Luna Light, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- 3rd place – Epsilon Micro Devices, San Diego State University
Show Stopper Awards
- 1st place - Mr. Eco, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- 2nd place - Bosse Tools, Loyola Marymount University
- 3rd place - Jobioz Inc., San Diego State University
Pitch the Investor Awards
- 1st place - Bosse Tools, Loyola Marymount University
- 2nd place - Luna Light, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- 3rd place - Blue Igloo, University of California, Irvine
- Bosse Tools, Loyola Marymount University