The Quest for the Best Vice Presidential Student Service Leadership Award has been given annually for the past 27 years to outstanding student leaders who typify and promote the mission of San Diego State University. This award recognizes individual excellence in academics, participation in student activities, commitment to service, and the pursuit of personal leadership development.
Ten exceptional San Diego State University students have been selected as Quest for the Best award recipients this year. In addition to honoring these student leaders, Quest for the Best also recognizes student-nominated faculty and staff members for their dedication, mentorship, and genuine concern for the success of their students. The winners will be honored at a formal banquet at KPBS Studios in April.
This year’s Quest for the Best student and faculty/staff honorees include:
- Yousef Abraham, criminal justice, and Randy Timm, Student Life & Leadership
- Alexander Arena, biology and political science, and Barbara Huntington, preprofessiona health advising
- Julia Bussberg, psychology and David Armor, psychology
- Erin Fletcher, microbiology and Kelly Doran, biology
- Genaro Hernandez, biology, and Maureen Gibbins Paolini, biology
- Lydia Keema, psychology, and Emilio Ulloa, psychology
- Mariah Kelly, business administration, and Tita Gray, College of Business
- Joshua Morse, finance, and Josephine Mojica, Educational Opportunity Program/Ethnic Affairs
- Tom Rivera, political science, and Dan Cornthwaite, Associated Students
- Catherine Woods, psychology, and Veronica Bejar, College of Sciences
For more information on the Quest for the Best Leadership Award, please contact Robyn Adams.