San Diego State University President Elliot Hirshman will host the annual All-University Convocation, the ceremony that celebrates the beginning of the academic year.
"Convocation is a wonderful opportunity for us to recognize the extraordinary achievements of our students, faculty and staff and prepare for the excitement and promise of the new academic year," President Hirshman said.
The All-University Convocation will also honor this year's Faculty Monty winners, and President Hirshman will discuss the current state of the university and what he sees ahead for the 2013-14 year.
The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 22 at Viejas Arena. All members of the SDSU community are invited to attend.
Faculty Monty winners will be acknowledged at the event. This year's winners are:
- Seth Mallios – College of Arts and Letters
- Gerald Whittenburg – College of Business Administration
- Diane Lapp – College of Education
- Khaled Morsi – College of Engineering
- Roger Simmons – College of Health and Human Services
- Lawrence Beck – College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts
- Stephen Roeder – College of Sciences
After the event, refreshments will be served in the L lot.
Guests with mobility, hearing or other special needs, may contact Melissa Henss at 619-594-5744 for assistance.