Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN) magazine last week announced the winners of its annual GEN 10 Award competition for research excellence among graduate students and postdoctoral researchers. In a ceremony that took place at the 2014 BIO International Convention in San Diego, GEN revealed that 5 of the 10 awardees were students or postdocs at San Diego State:
- Daniel Cuevas, graduate student in computational science
- Bryan Hancock, graduate student in cell and molecular biology
- Lauryn Keeler, graduate student in bioinformatics
- Brandon Kim, graduate student in cell and molecular biology
- Tiffany Y. Liang, graduate student in bioinformatics
The winners will receive $50 and a GEN 10 Award certificate. Great job, Aztecs!