Adam Correa is a senior majoring in finance at San Diego State University.
Originally from Valencia, Calif., Correa is an intern at CFG Wealth Management and a member of the Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity.
He participated in SDSU’s study abroad program in Oxford, England this summer and had the opportunity to travel across Europe. In his spare time, you can find Correa playing the guitar and soaking up the San Diego sun.
1. Why did you choose SDSU?
I initially chose SDSU for the typical reasons — it has beautiful weather and beaches. But after attending SDSU for three years, I appreciate our school for its diversity and practicality.
2. What inspired you to declare your major?
Money is the backbone to our economy and I wanted to learn how it functions in business.
3. What is the best piece of advice you ever received?
Constantly set achievable goals for yourself. Write them down and check them off when you complete them. When you do this you are not only being productive but also improving yourself along the way.
4. What are your future goals?
To have a respectable career in investments, wealth management, or financial planning and eventually reside in San Diego because it is the best city in the world.
5. What is the first website you look at every day?
The Wall Street Journal. It is important to know what is happening in the world.
6. What experience at SDSU has changed your life the most?
Taught by Professor Craig Stevens, “How to Get a Job in the Real World,” was one of the best experiences I’ve had at SDSU. I was able to overcome my fears of public speaking, build a spectacular resume and learn how to network myself professionally. I recommend this class to anyone who wants to excel in the their professional career.
7. What is the most interesting or surprising thing about you?
I love to play the guitar and write music.
1. What was the last movie you saw? Thumbs up or down?
"Spiderman 3." I had high expectations but they were shot down.
2. What city would you like to visit or visit again?
I would love to visit Barcelona again. I went this last summer and it was a blast.
3. What kind of music do you listen to/what are your favorite bands?
I listen to any type of music except country. Country music is genetic and I don’t have the gene.