Each year, San Diego State University recognizes outstanding faculty and honors them for their contributions to teaching, research and community service.
The Awards for Outstanding Faculty Contributions — also known as the Faculty Montys — are given to faculty members in each of SDSU's seven colleges.
The honorees for the 2014-2015 Faculty Montys are:
- Risa Levitt Kohn, Department of Religious Studies, College of Arts and Letters
- Gary Grudnitski, Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy, College of Business Administration
- Carol Robinson-Zanartu, Department of Counseling and School Psychology, College of Education
- Sunil Kumar, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
- Guadalupe Ayala, Graduate School of Public Health, College of Health and Human Services
- Gregory Durbin, School of Theatre, Television and Film, College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts
- William Welsh, Department of Astronomy, College of Sciences
About the Montys
The Montys are a time-honored tradition at SDSU. The award is a symbol of achievement and success presented to distinguished professors.
Monty Awards are bestowed by the SDSU Alumni Association. They are given to those who have made significant contributions to the university, the San Diego community or California, nationally or internationally.
Monty recipients will be honored at the All-University Convocation on August 20.