Grad School: Is it for me?
Are you considering graduate school right after you complete your B.S. or B.A. degree, or in the near future?
decision to attend graduate school should not be made hastily. This is
a process that takes time, and involves any of the following:
- conversations with faculty, advisers, current graduate students, people employed in your field of interest
- an honest reflection and evaluation of your interests, skills, and abilities
- considering your options
- answering a variety of questions such as:
- Why do you want to go to graduate school? Is it for the right reasons?
- What are your career goals? Is graduate school necessary to assist you in meeting those goals?
- What are you interests? What do you want to specialize in?
- Are you motivated to continue your education and training for another two to seven years of school?
- What will it cost to attend graduate school?
- What academic and personal qualities are necessary to succeed in graduate school?