San Diego Pre-Reading Materials
Harvard Pre-Reading Materials
Background materials – Useful context for topics to be covered throughout the day.
Professional Development and Training
Innovative Programming and Research
- U.S. Department of Education. Repurposing the work of school counselors: Galvanizing and Delivering Systemic College and Career Readiness Counseling. College Access Affinity Call.
- Hurwitz, M. and Howell, J. (2013). Measuring the impact of high school counselors on college enrollment. College Board Advocacy & Policy Center Research Brief.
- Solving the High School Graduation Crisis: Identifying and Using School Feeder Patterns in Your Community. United Way Worldwide / Everyone Graduates Center at Johns Hopkins University / Civic Enterprises.
- Smith, J. (2011). Can Applying to More Colleges Increase Enrollment Rates? College Board Advocacy & Policy Center Research Brief.
- College Board National Office for School Counselor Advocacy. Documents on Principal-Counselor Relationships: Finding a Way, A Closer Look, Toolkit.
- McKillip, M.E., Rawls, E., Barry, C. (2012). Improving college access: A review of research on the role of high school counselors. Professional School Counseling, 16(1): 49-58.