..To Do List...
items needed when applying to SDSU's Credential program
1. Create an account for the online departmental application.
Complete the required information requested to create an account.
By doing this you provide us valuable information about which program you are interested in and we are able to follow up with you with specific application information, helpful hints, and deadline information. This will help keep you on track for completing your application to our program.
Please keep your username and password in a safe place because you will be returning to this web site to start and complete your online departmental application.
2. Apply to SDSU for Graduate Admission
3. Complete the following pre-requisite courses: (see list of approved equivalents)
- TE 280___
- Math 210 (Multiple Subject only)___
- SPED 450___
4. Basic Skills Requirement (CBEST)
5. Subject Matter Competency
6. Apply for a Certificate of Clearance or Emergency Teaching Permit
7. Add information to the online departmental application
8. Complete an Early Field Experience
9. Write Personal Narrative
10. Complete the Documentation for Student Teaching (Single subject only)
11. Identify two references—get email addresses
12. Obtain a copy of negative TB test
13. Finish, review, and submit online departmental application
Please be aware that there are additional exit requirement steps involved.
Note: Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader.