Content Skip to content.
San Diego State University

Housing Administration and Residential Education

How to cancel

How to Cancel Your License Agreement

1.  The Licensee (student) must write a letter requesting to cancel their License Agreement.  The letter must include the following information:

a. Licensee’s Name (printed)
b. SDSU Red ID #
c. Student Signature
d. Date
e. Brief explanation for cancellation.
f. If the reason is due to a recent change in health or economic circumstances, a specific statement describing why living in the halls is no longer possible.

2.  If you are currently residing in the residence halls, please be advised that you are responsible for making a serious effort to resolve any unsatisfactory situations in the hall.  If Residential Education agrees that efforts have not been successful, you should request a move to another room or hall.

3.  Cancellation letters may be received by fax with the original letter mailed to:

License Agreement Cancellation
Office of Housing Administration
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-1802
Fax:  (619) 594-6202

Please allow 4-6 weeks for the return of your initial payment minus any cancellation fees.