The “Quest for the Best” Awards acknowledge student achievements and the faculty and staff members who enabled their success.
This year, nine outstanding students have been selected as “the best of the best” at San Diego State University.
This year’s honorees:
- Juan Garcia, business administration, and Ann M. Johns, Rhetoric and Writing Sciences
- Katie Martin, political science, and Allen Greb, Department of Political Science
- Chanelle McNutt, political science, and Aaron Bruce, President’s Office
- Phillip Patague, civil engineering, and Thelma Chavez, College of Sciences
- Jeremy Poincenot, business entrepreneurship, and Christine Probett, Management Information Systems
- Kristine Renzy, psychology, and Malerie McNell, Enrollment Services
- Joanna Segoviano, psychology and Spanish, and Veronica Bejar, College of Sciences
- Kristen Sword, economics and media studies, and Randi McKenzie, College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts
- Natalia Zora, biology and psychology, and Barbara Huntington, Professional Health Advising Office
About “Quest for the Best”
The “Quest for the Best” Award was started on campus 26 years ago by the Vice President for Student Affairs. Today, James Kitchen, vice president for Student Affairs, continues the tradition of the “Quest for the Best” Awards in pursuit to acknowledge the outstanding achievements of students and the faculty and staff members who have had a significant contribution to their personal growth.
This award honors not only student leaders, but also faculty and staff members for their dedication, mentorship and genuine concern for the success of their students. For 26 years, faculty and staff members have been honored for their commitment to the development of SDSU's students.
“Quest for the Best” gala
The “Quest for the Best” gala banquet will be held in late April at KPBS Studios. The ceremony will be attended by winning students, special guests of each winner, and faculty/staff honorees.
Learn more about Quest for the Best.