Content Skip to content.
San Diego State University

Student Ability Success Ctr

Laws and Policies

Students have the option of using informal or formal procedures to address complaints.

Informal Dispute Resolution Procedures

If you have a comment or complaint, we at Student Ability Success Center (SASC) would very much appreciate the opportunity to know about your complaint and to address — and hopefully correct — your problem informally.

Service delivery complaints or concerns should be made with the Interim Director of Student Ability Success Center, Erica A. Aros.  Students should describe the complaint or problem in writing.

Your description should include:

  1. The disability-related incident or action of complaint
  2. The date(s) of occurrence
  3. The requested resolution

Please submit to:
Erica A. Aros, Interim Director
Student Ability Success Center
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-4740

The SASC Director will review the complaint and respond accordingly within ten (10) days.  The student will be contacted by phone and/or a meeting will be scheduled to further discuss the issue and explore possibilities of resolution.

Students may be asked to provide written authorization for the director to speak with those whose actions caused the complaint, in order to reach a resolution.

If a reasonable solution to the complaint cannot be reached, the student may submit a complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman or the Office of Employee Relations & Compliance

Formal Complaint Processes

Students who believe they have been denied accommodations to which they are entitled for qualified disabilities may also use the Campus Procedures for Student Complaints. This process is administered by the Office of Employee Relations & Compliance (OERC). Students are not required to go through informal dispute resolution before filing a complaint with OERC.

 If you have exhausted the University's resources and still believe a reasonable solution cannot be reached, you can file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights